Monday, February 27, 2006

Happy Anniversary To Us! Coming Soon! :-)

Our anniversary is coming up soon so I decided to put a picture of my wonderful, handsome husband up on my blog. I just realized recently that is coming up.

I have been thinking about how blessed I am that he asked me to marry him almost 16 years ago. I was telling him the other day he has really raised the bar for our girls when they choose a husband. Many years ago when I made my list of things my future husband must have there were many things I didn't put on there. Many things that I appreciate so much about my husband. He REALLY spoils me! I never dreamed that I would marry a man with so many unique & terrific qualities. Who knew he would be able to cook, WELL (hubby cooked 98% of the time for the first 8 years of our marriage), clean ( he can do that really well) , shop, (we used to do the grocery shopping together every week for many, many years & he almost always goes shopping with us for clothes and other things), dress himself well, & even decorate the house with an actual style? He also has great common sense, is very logical, counsels with wisdom and has a great sense of humor( I do believe that was on my list!). He has an excellent work ethic but makes his family a priority too. He brings me flowers still after all these years and loves to surprise me. He gives me gifts and never forgets not only my birthday but other special occasions too. The list could go on and on.

One of the most surprising things is that my husband actually learned to do acrylic nails for ME. Yes, that is right he does my nails! Most women can't believe it when I tell them that.

He is an awesome husband and an awesome father. I am so proud of him for all that he does for his family. My husband is awesome and is everything I ever wanted in a husband and so much more. After almost 16 years it is wonderful to realize I appreciate and love him more every day!

Feel free to comment on the things you love about your husband! :-)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures in the snow, I titally understand the shoveling the snow thing, ask Dad(Grandpa Berner)about when I came to visit him in New Jersey. I have to agree with you that my brother is a really cool guy. He always has been. I have to mention though that you are pretty cool too. Your beautiful, smart, sweet, caring, sensitive, patient, just plan wonderful. You make a good pair, and what lucky girls I might add to have such wonderful parents! Happy anniversary eairly. I love you all!!