
First of all here is a picture of my oldest daughter. She just got back from a week long trip to Nebraska. She had a great time but was happy to be home. As always, we missed her. She has already posted some photos at her blog, Cat's World or is it Storyteller now? I am not sure. Be sure to leave her a comment if you visit. She LOVES comments. The photo above is in front of a carriage house door in a very old house.
As you may know from reading my Cultured Mom blog I have been spending a lot of time over at Spark People. I have also lost around 6 lbs. so I am pretty excited. Well, one of the things they suggest is to make "mini-goals" for yourself. I have a lot of weight to lose and to focus on that BIG number can be a bit depressing and seem F A R away. I am trying to take things on a 5-10-20-25 lb. type goals.
Now here comes the fun part and why I need YOUR help. Another suggestion is to reward your self (non-food) when you accomplish your mini-goals. This helps you to stay motivated and looking forward to getting to that next goal. (You know, like eating an elephant one bite at a time instead of eating it all at once.) I need you (my dear faithful readers)to leave me some comments (or email me) with your ideas. Here are some examples of some goals that I have seen.
1st 10 lbs - Pedicure
New CD
New outfit
Mini spa day
A new tattoo (probably won't be doing that one!)
A new wardrobe
Some of these look good but some don't really excite me at all. Any ideas? Pass them on to me. I REALLY need your help on this.
Also, I will be posting on here from time to time about my weight loss journey. I hope to have good news to report on a regular basis.













4 comments:
Hi Kim,
Congratulations on your progress; you're doing great and the rewards for small goals is a great idea. I need to do that too. What about buying some gift cards to your favorite places and putting them on your refrigerator? You can't use them until you meet your next goal. It probably sounds strange to pick food places but I love Panera and they have great salads and drinks so it would work. ;) I also love bookstores so I'd pick Border's or Mardel's. What would you choose? Jamba Juice is a good treat too, they have a great peach smoothie with any boost you'd like to add.
I am so proud of you. Six pounds is wonderful. I know you can do it. How about calling a realtor and have her set up some homes to tour. A new home is a goal for the future also. Go see what's out there. At 20#'s how about a complete day at a spa. Hair, nails, facial, makeup, pedicure and message. Oh can I go on that day PLEASE????? I have registered with Spark people and they are sending me at least 4-5 emails a day. I can't seem to find the time. I am trying to work on my sugar level and I'm hoping that will get me started. You go girl and get the rest of us motivated and ashamed of ourselves for letting you do it on your own.
I love you! Debby
Are you sure that you won't miss out on a new tattoo?!
Hey :)
They'll do another Teacher Sale in January. :)
I probably commented a while back but I don't remember. LOL!!
Hmmm..I say the Pedicure.
Post a Comment