Thursday, October 02, 2008

MS Cookout!

As I have mentioned before I am part of a WONDERFUL homeschool support group. We have been able to meet so many GREAT people and participate in a lot of interesting, educational, and down right fun events. We have also been on many field trips.

Side note: If you are a homeschool family I encourage you to check into homeschool support groups in your area. Then try them out. Like a church some are a good fit and some are not. All it takes is one good fit and you could have memories and friendships for you and your family for an entire life time. OK, on with my post.

Our family went to the Middle School Family Cookout.

Felt like I was back in Indiana for a few hours! Here are some photos from one of our many "socializing" activities. ;-)



One of our families was kind enough to host this. It was a perfect evening. We had lots of conversation, good food (hot dogs, chili, chips AND S'mores) and fun for the children.

They offered hay rides and tons of fun on giant hay bales. This is the 2nd event where all the kids (and teenagers) had tons of fun on hay bales. Who would have thought so much fun could be had on this. Hannah was sore the next day from climbing and jumping from one to another.

As a surprise bonus I ended up coming home with a dozen eggs from one of the other Moms there! Yippee! I was happy.
After all this fun was over I had a realization. Nobody got hurt (except for a Mom that cut herself), there were no fights or arguments, and everyone got along great. There were very small children there, middle school, high school, and of course adults. Having no arguments or injuries is sometimes difficult when just visiting with extended family let alone SEVERAL families.

I love my homeschool support group!






Attention to MY homeschool support group Moms.

I tried to limit the photos to just my own family or ones that don't show the faces well of the other children. That was a challenge.
If your child is in a photo and you want me to remove it please let me know. I know some people are very uncomfortable with a photo of their child on the Internet.
Leave a comment with your 1st name or send me an email.

No comments: