
I had a very good friend email me about my post yesterday on "What is the Difference". I thought what she said was an excellent point and wanted to share it with you all. I have edited this somewhat.
" I know someone that has chosen to no longer believe in God. I think the big difference is that this persons belief stopped at salvation. This person never really made God the LORD of their life. They wanted fire insurance but then wanted to live their own way and that's why it resulted in this person thinking that their prayers went unanswered all these years. Now this person is doubting God is even there anymore. I think this is a good lesson in why we need fellowship with God."
I have seen a lot of this myself. There are many people that don't make God and their relationship with Jesus a priority at all. They don't put God first or even consider HIM. They often live like the world or do things they know are not in line with God's Word. When their prayers don't get answered or it seems God is not there they are angry with God or decide HE really isn't there at all. Makes me think of the prodigal son story in the Bible. How silly would it have been for the prodigal son to leave his father and then be angry at him for not being there when he needed him (or wasn't supplying his needs). At least the prodigal son had sense in the end to return to his father. A lot of people seem to keep doubting God instead of returning to HIM. God never leaves us though. One day, I hope they will be able to see the truth. ~Kim
I have seen a lot of this myself. There are many people that don't make God and their relationship with Jesus a priority at all. They don't put God first or even consider HIM. They often live like the world or do things they know are not in line with God's Word. When their prayers don't get answered or it seems God is not there they are angry with God or decide HE really isn't there at all. Makes me think of the prodigal son story in the Bible. How silly would it have been for the prodigal son to leave his father and then be angry at him for not being there when he needed him (or wasn't supplying his needs). At least the prodigal son had sense in the end to return to his father. A lot of people seem to keep doubting God instead of returning to HIM. God never leaves us though. One day, I hope they will be able to see the truth. ~Kim













No comments:
Post a Comment