Monday, July 23, 2007

Home Sweet Home



(Here is a cute video of baby Zackery and his Daddy, Donny. Before it is over there is a surprise visitor. Be sure to scroll down & turn the music off on the right. )


I am back!

We had a couple of great visits in Missouri. It was wonderful to see family and to spend time with them. I love my family. :-)

First, we went to visit my cousin Denise, her husband JB, and their children, Nathan, Allison, & Ashlynn. It was a lot of fun. Catrina and Hannah had a good time getting better acquainted with everyone. It is really neat that they are moving to MO. Hopefully, we will get to see them a LOT more. It is about a 4 hour drive from here with stopping for gas, letting the dog or people go potty, or getting food.

Before we left my cousins house she told me she had room in her vehicle for one more person. They were planning on going back to her parents house (Aunt Carol & Uncle Loyd) for about a week and a half. Then they are going to a beach close to Myrtle Beach for about a week. I realized that Catrina would be going to Nebraska when we got back (today-she goes) so the only one that could go would be Hannah. I called Michael and asked him about it and then wrestled with it for a while. I knew she would have a GREAT time but it would be for close to 3 weeks. Hmmm, that is an awful long time not to have my baby around here. Again, I knew she would have a wonderful time and make lots of great family memories. So we went ahead and let her go. Oh, my goodness, I couldn't believe the flood of emotions when she was about to leave. I started crying but tried to hide it. Apparently, not good enough because the next thing I knew Hannah had hopped out of the vehicle and was in my arms....both of us crying. It has been about 5 days since she left. We have talked on the phone several times. Denise said there have been times that Hannah cried, especially at night. It sounds like even though there are some weepy times she is having a great visit. She could have come home but she said no. I would say that is a good sign.

After saying goodbye to my baby, Catrina, Sadie and I headed to my sisters house. We had a great visit there too. This was the first time Catrina had seen the family in several years. They couldn't believe how much she had grown up. She couldn't believe how much THEIR children had grown up! They had a good time getting reacquainted. They sure missed seeing Hannah too. By the time we needed to go Leanna's children wanted to come with us and we really hated leaving them. We will have to figure out a way for them to come visit us for a week or two.

That is the update. I will be putting more pictures on here in the next few days. I will be without children possibly for 2 weeks. How weird is that?

No comments: